12 December 2006

Art and Travels

Hey! :-)

Sunday I was working on my Gallery, I'm about to open one together with resident artist Anniette Anzac. Still a lot of work has to be done, but the beginning is here.
The building stands, the signs are up (Anniette made them) and the gallery is named: Gallery Anniette.

Anniette has been very busy with converting her paintings from RL to SL and framing them. I must say the result is Great. She also suggested to place an installation in the center of the gallery and she will place it there. I can't wait to see what she's going to create. While she is working at that, I'm still thinking what to do about our garden in front of the gallery. I would love to place some statues there, but I'm afraid it's going to take too many prims (primary objects that count towards your usage on a piece of land). I've seen a very nice sculpture, but it was 104 prims and that is a bit too much. If needed I'll remove the house next to the gallery and use that part as prim land, unless it's rented. (I haven't advertised it, since I wanted to see how my prim count is going to be). Anyway, when the gallery is ready, I have some ideas to have a Grand Opening! :-) I'll let you know when it's getting closer to that time.

What else have I been up to, I have been TP-ing (TelePorting) around SL (Second Life) in search for something nice to see. I visited Svarga (see the Dragon below or in Archive) and that's where I met Marion. (See her blog too, links on the right side). We went for a walk there and fed some birds. I haven't taken a screenshot there unfortunately. It is really funny, you buy seeds for L$1 and place it on the ground. Hang around for a bit and after a while the birds will come to eat. Anyway after the birds finished their seeds we went to take a look at the gallery and the house. I guess Marion likes the house, since she's been in touch about it, so she might become my neighbour. :-)
After visiting the house we went to Bliss Basin. Visit it through this link. It is really a very beautifull place. Walk around and discover the beauty yourself. :-)
Here is a little preview:
Eventhough this picture is great, it doesn't do it right. You have to be there to judge it properly. After we walked around a bit, Marion had to leave unfortunately. So I went back to the gallery and started working on some things that needed to be done.

I hope you enjoyed my little travel-talk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ruadh, thanks for linking to my blog. I've enjoyed reading your entries so far. See you in SL one day!